Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Round and Round

Round and Round we go, where it stops, nobody knows....
Just had a little incident with the kids. We just got the carpets cleaned and they decided to run in a circle with sippy cups of water and spit it on each other and all over the floor. It is so hard sometimes to get over the respect factor. It is hard because they are kids and they don't understand that we just paid money to get the carpet cleaned and you spitting water on the floor then walking on it will make a stain. Oh well, I guess when you look at it in hindsight, it is not a big deal, kids will be kids.
On another note, Roman will be 2 yrs old tomorrow. They are growing up so fast. I just keep trying to hold on to every moment that I have with them and feel blessed that we have these beautiful children to share our life with. Roman is singing his ABC's and saying so many words, phrases, sentences, etc. that I can't even count. He is so smart. Everyone even says so too, for instance when he is in childcare at the gym or church they remark on how smart he is. Roman and Anderson have a special bond, they love being around each other and at times one can't do something without the other. Other times they do fight but that is normal. Alice and Rose are the same. In the morning they all hug each other and are happy to see each other. Alice and Rose just started preschool about a month ago. They go three days a week 2 hours a day. It is an academic preschool so they are strictly learning. We will move Alice to a Kindergarden prep program once she turns four this month. We plan to get her tested to start kindergarden next school year. We have it planned so that each child will start Kindergarden separately, that way they will have their own friends and independence. In addition, Rose will definitely need another year to prepare for Kindergarden after Alice starts since she is younger. The girls can both spell their name aloud and are learning to write their name. They are also counting really well and able to identify the letters of the alphabet really well. They still have a lot to learn this year but it is exciting to see what a difference a month makes in preschool. Last year they only went for a couple of months to this preschool and before that they were at Kindercare which was primarily a daycare but it kept them stimulated during the day. Once we adopted them, we longer got assistance for Kindercare so that is why we have them in a shorter program now. We are blessed with having respite care so I have our respite worker come a few times a week so that I can go and run errands or just do things for myself, like today I got my haircut and had lunch with my friend Cherrie. Yesterday I had a Dr appt, etc. so it really helps to have some help with the kids. The kids love her, she does crafts with them and is nurturing with them. Today she brought Roman a birthday present and they made cupcakes for his birthday. Also once a week the kids are going to camp at church while I attend a Mom's group. This has been a great way for me to talk with other mom's who also have preschoolers as well as have the kids in an activity. Other than that we usually go to the gym and they play in the kidcenter while I work out. So we keep pretty busy all the time. Mike and I try to go out on a date once a week to get some time by ourselves to talk and reflect on our life and this has been really nice. Here are just some tidbits for the kids:
Alice loves pink and Hello Kitty
Rose loves purple and Princesses
Anderson loves Spiderman
Roman loves Diego and Cars
both boys love to play with matchbox cars now and the girls are still into their babies.
When I ask the girls who they want to pray for, they say Hello Kitty and Princess
Also when I called my mawmaw Alice yesterday, Allie said "can I talk to her, she has the same name like me" I said, "Yes baby, that is how we got your name" Then we also talked to MawMaw Paula and Paula asked Alice if she remembered her and she said "yeah, we swing at your house and go on the slide and ride in a pink car (pink barbie jeep). " It has been 8 months since we saw them and she still remembers all of this.
Also another thing that Alice remembered recently is that I showed her a picture of her bio mom and asked her if she knew who it was and she giggled and said her name and said she always cries when she sees us. She hasn't seen her in a year and I can't believe she still remembers that. Well I will close for now, hopefully I will be able to write sooner next time. I love you Roman, Rose, Anderson, and Alice. You will never be able to fathom how important you are to me and Daddy. You are our heart and our world and we live for you everyday. Love you so much, love mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment