Monday, June 22, 2009
Playing Catch up
I can't believe it has been this long since I have written. I am understanding the importance of having all of this documentation for the kids more and more everyday. Life passes by so fast and you start to forget things. I feel like a bad mom sometimes because I don't have a baby book for them to write important things down and even if I did, when do I find the time. I guess that is why it is so great to have all of the technology we do today because typing is much quicker. Just a brief rundown since last I posted. The adoption was final on 2/12/09 and we also withdrew our foster license due to the law being no more than four under the age of 6. We are still trying to get used to all of the adjustments involving the kids being offically ours such as name changes, adding to medical insurance, added expenses, etc. We have been enjoying them nonetheless but they do keep us on our toes. Alice and Rose just had their first dance recital on June 5, 2009. They did really well, we were so proud of them first of all that they were brave enough to be on stage in front of all of these people. Of course I cried. Secondly, they actually did the dance fairly well. We are continuing to keep them in dancing year round because they love it so much. The girls also started going to a accelerated private preschool and are now off for the summer. They have really learned a lot just the few months they went, they are actually writing their names, (not perfect) but still really good. Alice also knows her last name and my full name which is great if ever she would get lost or something. The kids just finished their refresher lessons with ISR as well. I will not be doing that again, it is such a hardship to bring four kids to lessons everyday, this time for four weeks straight, not to mention it cost us $1000. On the flipside, Anderson is loving swimming in the water which is odd for him, he is so bashful. He swims to me underwater and gets my hand and then swims back to the step, too cute. Rose does the same and she did last year too. We also just started receiving respite services for the kids so I am able to get a break a few days a week and go run errands and Mike and I are doing a date night every weekend so that has been fun and relaxing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment